Wednesday, February 17, 2016

From A(merica) to Z(ambia)

Well, I'm finally packed for Africa.  A few months ago, Mallory Jeter and I decided to take a leap of faith and commit to spending 6 weeks volunteering at New Day Orphanage in Zambia.  You can check it out by visiting www.newdayorphanage.org
With the girls in Guatemala

It all started after I went to Guatemala with Rosemont Baptist Church last spring, re-igniting my passion for mission work.  Once I was accepted to the Dental College of Georgia (yay!), I was ready to devote some time to a lengthier mission trip before starting school in August.  Many of my friends from church, including Mallory, had already gone to Zambia during the Spring Break mission trip our church offers and they all loved every minute of it.  I spoke with Mal and many others, of course prayed about it, and finally felt that going to New Day was exactly what God had planned for me.  As soon as I committed, everything fell into place perfectly.  My horse sold to a loving family, family and friends offered up donations to help pay for my trip, and my gracious cousins Dillon and Valeria offered for us to stay with them in London on our way so we could break up the flight. 



Today we fly to London, England where we will spend the next 4 days sight-seeing before making our way to Zambia on February 22.  Please keep both Mallory and I in your thoughts and prayers as we travel and pray that God prepares our hearts, especially mine (Mal's got this down), for all that we will experience at New Day!

xoxo,
Rachel 




No comments:

Post a Comment